Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fear, Selfishness and Preservation

I am really sad, angry and feeling frustrated! Especially again, after reading total bullshitness from our situation in Malaysia. Reading the stories and yet again articles of the scenarios of the situation back home really makes me weep and feeling sad.

I still remembered those times that i have during my primary school. I hang out and played with my friends from all races, ranging from chinese, muslims, bumis, indians, boys and girls together having the fun of our lifes. Only until after i grew up, and then i realised that the big problem is out there in the society.

I mean, everyone in Malaysia, realised this issue from the beginning of times. How come they did not do anything to make it better? Instead, they make more rules and constitutions that goes backwards in order to protect their uniqueness and identity in the world. The leaders and rule makers makes decisions based on their uniqueness, which is rich, lands and rights. Its what they define as preservation.

I believe the decisions are made based on fear. Like any other races and societies, rules are made to protect themselves from the invasion of other races. Its the 101 dummies guide to survival. Its the way to protect their lands, religious rights, control over the government, control over the country and their next generations.

It is the oldest story in the book. Look at how the rich protect themselves during the peasant times in Great Britain. Recalled back the times during the church were in control during those times as well. Woman are considered as threat, hence, the witch hunt. Armies and churches ordered the killing of females or witch.

All these makes sense. I would do that if i live in their shoe. Why share my golds with others? Selfishness, preservation, fear and control makes my decision way easier. It is just that i am borned indifferently from my peers, from bumis races, in Malaysia makes me a minority over my fellow Malaysian make me frustrated.

Read these stories, letters and articles about meritocracy and stubborness of these decision makers. Either they will makes you laugh or makes you weep.

KNNCCB!

No comments: